Thursday, June 7, 2012

Made It! DIY Owl Taggie Toy

In order to get use to my new sewing machine and try to remember how to sew again, I decided to make some little stuffed owls for Caden. I actually made two owls, a blue one and a pink one, but only took pictures of the pink one.

I found these little guys on pinterest, then went to the source, for the pattern and detailed instructions, thank you Bubbles & Bobbins! They're really easy to make and only took about an hour. I spent around $10 on supplies, but I have quite a bit of ribbon, stuffing and material left over. All in all the owls probably cost less than $2 each.


I'm not going to give a detailed tutorial, but I will show you how I made mine... In hind sight I would have placed the eyes and beak a little lower and closer together, but this little owl has been loved by Caden, so I guess it's not a big deal, just personal preference.



1. Cut out the pieces.


2. Fuse the felt, eyes and beak to the front fabric.

3. Ziz zag around the whites of the eyes, I did this as a precaution, didn't want Caden pulling the eyes off.

4. Baste the ribbons in place. I hate getting stuck with pins while sewing, so I baste everything I possibly can. I've discovered this makes my project look more professional and holds the little pieces in place nicely.


5. Here she is all sewn together and stuffed.









6. And here's what she looks like from the back.












If you make an owl please send me a picture or post it here, I'd love to see your creations!

Be sure to check out my updated Owl Toy to see the changes a year later.


Credits:
Photos: Tammy Larsen Do not copy or alter
Free Pattern & Tutorial: www.bubblesandbobbins.com/2012/04/tutorial-how-to-make-owl-taggie-doll.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love to hear from our readers!